Project Type: Automation Systems Audit Study
Client: Abu Dhabi Gas Co-ADNOC-UAE
Successfully Completed: 2001
Brief: GASCO is one of the largest gas processing companies in the world. It operates from its HQ in Abu Dhabi; GASCO is a joint venture between ADNOC and other international oil companies such as Shell. GASCO owns and operates several gas processing plants in UAE to produce sales gas, condensate, sulfur,NGL, Butane, Propane and LPG products for the local and International markets. The company owns and operates the Habshan Gas Plant, which is considered by many, the largest gas plant in the world. We were commissioned by GASCO to review, audit and prepare a master plan to improve the automation systems of this plant. The site is operated using a large DCS system. Relevant cost estimates and execution plans and recommendations were submitted as part of the final report.
- Audit of the DCS architecture and design aspects.
- Audit of the DCS configuration.
- Audit other subsystems such as ESD, F&G, turbine and boilers control.
- Interface to SCADA systems.
- Interfaces to APC and RTDB systems.
- Benchmarking against generic and other DCS systems.
- Review and audit their PIS and plant automation systems.
- Produce Reliability Model of their Systems.
- Use FMEA tools.